Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Making a Dress-Part Seven

How else is a dress going to stay on.  I am at the second to final part of a dress.  This was a challenge of the day; the zipper. Kate came over to assist this time and I learned to press and pin over and over again.  The lining and the fabric from my dress was hard to line up and keep every thing straight.  
I start to sew and very slowly to make sure that it is straight so I will be able to zip my dress.

 Installing a zipper foot and it was a something that I am happy is over.  After two hours of  screaming, pressing, cutting my had from a rouge pin.  I was happily zipping my dress up and down.
The finally step is the hem which I am sewing by hand to hold the horse hair in place.  I need to hurry Depeche Mode is less then two weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment