Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Making a Dress-Part Five

Bodice attached and boning goes in.


















My Depeche Mode concert is only three weeks away and my sewing machine has been stitching like a happy believer that it will make a dress happen.  This pattern has been very challenging!!! Thanks to the help of Kate we were able to make it happen.  I have learned to hand gather and hand pleat.  Kate did most of the hand pleating; while I was on pinning I stabbed myself and almost got blood on my dress.
   The Boning in finally in and I had a good laugh when Kate said "Perla, we are boing! We are finally boing!!"  The day was one of the hottest days so far; which explains the lack of clothes and also I was in and out of them for the fitting of the bodice and the skirt.  
When the skirt was attached and I could slip it on just picture the way it is going to fall on my body and flow with the August wind I was so happy that I almost cried.  Final steps: attach lining for skirt, zipper and hem. 
Almost there!!!   If you are going to the Depeche Mode Seattle Show on August 1o, 2009 just look for the girl with the dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment